We take great pride in being a full-service bike repair shop. We offer tune-ups and adjustments for all makes and models of bikes, with the exception of department store bikes. We reserve the right to refuse working on said bikes due to their poor quality and lack of ability to hold most adjustments made on them.
That said, our services include but are not limited to the following.
Tune-ups and more in-depth repairs are done on a first-come first-served basis and we schedule the bike to be worked on the next available day. You can call and make an appointment, at which point we will take a $20 non-refundable deposit to hold a spot open for your bike. This $20 will get applied to the cost of the tune-up or repair when the work is completed. If possible, bring the bike by so that we can look over the bike beforehand. This will allow us time to order any parts needed for your repairs ahead of time and have everything ready for your scheduled repair date.
Tune-up Package: $75
This service includes making sure the tires are aired up according to the recommended pressure, adjusting the brakes, making sure the wheels are true, making sure all nuts and bolts are tightened to spec, making sure the shifting is smooth and operating correctly, clean and lube the drivetrain, giving the bike a light cleaning.
Tune-up Plus Package: $100
This service includes the standard Tune-up as well as, cleaning the drivetrain off of the bike, cleaning the bike, and waives the basic parts install fees. WAIVED FEES EXCLUDE: INTERNAL CABLE ROUTING, TRI-BIKES, AND TUBELESS TIRE SWAPS.
Pro Tune-up: $125
Pro Tune-up includes the Tune-up PLUS package as well as thoroughly cleaning and polishing the bike, refreshing tubeless sealant (materials/sealant extra), and includes the labor to replace internally routed cables.
When dropping off the bike one of our service writers will go over the bike with you and make recommendations as to what should be done, which may increase the cost of any tune-up regardless of what level of tune-up has been discussed.
Can't bring your bike in to be tuned? WE'LL COME PICK IT UP!!!
This is a scheduled service that includes us coming to you to pick up the bike, and return it to you when the work is completed. To schedule an appointment, have all of your bicycle information ready. We'd like to know the make, model and color of the bike to eliminate any confusion when the bike is physically brought into the store. Then, call the Corner Cycle in Falmouth at (508) 540-4195. Available only at our Falmouth location. Rates are listed below and are in addition to the cost of the repair.
Within Falmouth - $20
North Falmouth, East Falmouth, West Falmouth - $30
Bourne (Capeside) / Mashpee - $40
Anywhere else on Cape - $60+ rate varies by distance
1. Tap and face the bottom bracket, English and Italian thread. This is important for newer external bearing bottom brackets.
2. Ream and face the head tube, 1",1 1/8", and Cane Creek integrated (sorry we can't do Campy integrated spec). Imperative for smooth headset operation.
3. Machine fork crown race, 1" and 1 1/8". Imperative for proper seating on crown race and smooth operation of a headset.
4. Fork tip alignment. We use this service in the event you have problems installing the front wheel or have damaged the fork tips in an accident.
5. Derailluer hanger alignment. Important for proper shifting.
6. Seat tube reaming, 25.4mm to 31.8mm. Important with carbon seat posts to prevent damage from burrs or out of round seat tubes.
7. Thread 1" steerer tubes. For the old school when restoring older 1" threaded forks.
8. Spoke threading, we use a Phil Wood spoke rolling machine to cut and thread 14 gauges spoke to any length. The Phil Wood machine will roll threads on the butted part of double butted 14/15 gauge spokes.
9. Replace or tighten Rivnut inserts for water bottle cages. This is a common complaint with aluminum bikes, the threaded insert loosens preventing the cage from being properly tightened.
10. Tap or chase threads for rack mounts, pedals 1/2" and 9/16", water bottle bosses, derailleur hanger, and other threads on bicycles.
11.Machining disc brake mounts with the Gan-o-matic tool. Imperative for squeak free disc brake operation.
12. Professional wheel building and repair, we stock a number of wheel system spokes to fix wheels from Campy, Mavic, Velomax/Easton, Bontrager/Rolf and others.
13. Thread repair for stripped threads using a Helicoil repair kit for 5mm, 6mm, and 10mm threads.
14. Campy Ergo Power shifter repair. Every part of Ergo Power shifters is replaceable, the usual repair is a replacement of the "G" springs, spring carrier and index ring bushing.
15. General bicycle service, tune ups, overhauls, wheel truing, puncture repairs, etc.